Thursday, November 20, 2008

Observations on my numerology report part 1

Well folks, I'm definitely at a turning point in my life, emotionally and spiritually. Actually, I have been in this transition for a while now, but have been avoiding dealing with some things, I guess.
I'm having a roller coaster ride of a week as far as emotions go, so bear with me. Or, don't... This blog entry is really just something I thought I might need to do for myself. I just don't mind sharing it, is all.

Your Life Path Number is 9
Your Life Path Number represents the path you should take through life and the talents and skills you have to make your journey a rewarding one.

A 9 Life Path will lead you to look at all with love, compassion and tolerance. You will explore the connection that exists between all the things in our universe. You will learn to let go of your own desires to serve the better good of all of us. In whatever field you choose, your endeavors will help heal the wounds life inflicts on those around you. It is your mission to make our world a gentler, kinder place for all of us.


I definitely feel like this is true, and I've been feeling this way for all of my life, as far back as I can remember. I have certainly had my moments, though. There's been occasions where I've been knocked down, but I always get up again. And sometimes when I get up, I'm really pissed and it can take a long time for these things to cool off. I'm a lot better at working through shit these days, but it's never an overnight process. These events in my life, whether caused by external circumstance or by my own bad decisions, are the reasons why I can get bitter, withdrawn, and generally negative about things. I need to rise above all of it and let it go. Because in my ideal world, there is peace. What does "Peace" mean, anyway? Precious few of us have had it in our lives, so I figure the concept of peace must mean different things to different people. For me, it goes a little somethin like this:
Folks choose love and compassion over anger and hatred. Things like discrimination and censorship do not exist, because people understand that if something offends them, they just have to turn away. They focus on things that agree with their sensibilities instead of calling the moral high ground and angrily trying to eliminate the offensive thing, whatever it may be.
People know and understand that there are billions of human beings residing on the planet. We are all here together. No one ideology is right for all, and all understand that freedom requires doing onto others as you would have them do onto you. Respect of others beliefs and ways without having any kind of pressure to adopt those ways as their own. Freedom to choose what your truth is. Acceptance. Love. Compassion. Sometimes people just can't click and get along. So they leave each other alone if they can't agree to disagree.
No rulers. No prisons. No abuse. No hatred. No manipulations. No mind control. No slavery. No carelessness.

But, I guess that's asking a lot, even though it's 2008 and we really should be at this point by now in our human enlightenment. What gives me hope though is that more and more people are becoming enlightened as the years go on. It can only get better from here, if we all start trying to get along. The past is in the past, and things have changed radically from decade to decade. Can we finally learn from our mistakes so we can have a more peaceful future? I better see it in my lifetime, because I do not want to become a curmudgeon. I've got too much love to give.

No comments: